Become part of our Team!
Immerse Yourself in the World of Additive Manufacturing
Would you like to specialise in a future-oriented subject area? Explore additive manufacturing together with us in the context of lectures, a thesis, a doctorate or as a scientific research assistant.
For the elective subject “Additive Manufacturing”, the Chair of Digital Additive Production, short DAP, offers you the lectures AM 1 and AM 2 as well as corresponding exercises in a variety of master programmes. In the lectures you learn more about the fundamentals of Additive Manufacturing (AM) as well as it’s potentials and fields of application. The lectures are structured in alignment with the digital and physical process chains. The language of instruction is German and English. After finishing the course you will be acquainted with the following topics:
- Basic AM processes and it’s properties and applications
- Current trends of development
- Possibilities and limits of AM technology
- Essential factors that have an influence on the economic application of the technology
- General construction rules for AM-friendly production
- Relevant post-manufacturing processes that follow the main processes
- Challenges in and strategies for product liability and the question for intellectual property of AM-components
In the coming years this program will be extended by additional lectures.